The Educational Technology graduate certificate program in K-12 Online Teaching is a 15-hour online program aimed at expanding licensed K-12 teachers' classroom expertise to include knowledge of curriculum models, instructional methods, assessment techniques, technologies, and best practices used in fully online K-12 teaching environments. The program also will prepare current K-12 teachers to plan, create, provide, and assess effective instruction within online K-12 environments.
Certificate Program Requirements (15 hrs)
- ETEC 5213 -- Educational Media -- Summer, Fall -- 3 hours
- ETEC 5303 -- Learning with Computers in K-12 Classrooms -- Spring -- 3 hours
- ETEC 6253 -- Distance Learning -- Spring, Summer -- 3 hours
- CIED 5423 -- Curriculum and Instruction: Models and Implementation -- Spring -- 3 hours
- CIED 5363 -- Curriculum and Instruction: Methods and Assessment in K-12 Online Teaching -- Fall -- 3 hours
All 15 hours of coursework taken for the graduate certificate program may be counted toward the Educational Technology master of education degree if the student applies to and is accepted into the ETEC M.Ed. program. Courses from other institutions or academic programs may not be substituted for the required courses.
Candidates for the graduate certificate must have a 3.0 or better at the conclusion of all course work to successfully complete the certificate requirements.
ETEC office addressProgram Coordinator, Educational Technology
216 Peabody Hall
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701